BURY’S first ever town-centre wide Comic Con event is this Sunday (29th October) – here’s everything you need to know.
Organised by the town’s BID, Bury Comic Con, takes place between 10.30 am and 4.30 pm.
Visitors can collect their free trail map from any of the participating venues including The Rock, Mill Gate, Bury Art Museum, The Fusilier Museum and The Hops.
There’s plenty happening on the day including:
- Photo opportunities: There are great photo opportunities to be found across the Comic Con trail, from the Jurassic Park zone and classic vehicles on The Rock to Superhero statues in the Mill Gate and the Doctor Who zone in the Fusilier Museum – but watch out for the Daleks!
- Comic Creators: Find comic writers and artists including Lew Stringer in Bury Art Museum. There will also be a series of videos from Brian Clarke and John Jackson including episodes of The Mancunian and their new Sci Fi puppet show. Bury Art Museum is also where you’ll find special guests Phil Fletcher and Hacker The Dog!
- Traders: Head to the Mill Gate to find a selection of Comic Con traders – plus permanent stores selling amazing merchandise including Funky Figures, HMV, and Prince Toys.
- Special Guests: Guests including Colin Baker, Mickey Lewis, Colin Mathieson, Willie Copen, and George Copen will be meeting and greeting in The Fusilier Museum.
- Cosplay Competitions: Costumes are encouraged at Bury Comic Con! Meet with fellow cosplay enthusiasts at The Hops or enter one of our three cosplay competitions. The kids cosplay competition will commence at 2.30pm at Bury Art Museum. The teen and adult competitions will commence at 3.30pm at The Hops on Silver Street – it is free to enter, just come along.
- Tall Tale Gayle competition: Shortlisted entries from the ‘complete the Comic’ competition will be on display at Bury Art Museum and the winner will be announced there at 1.30pm. The competition is open to children under 12 – the Tall Tale Gayle comic can be downloaded from the Discover Bury website.
Roch Valley Radio will be broadcasting LIVE from The Fusilier Museum discussing the action from Bury’s first Comic Con.
“It’s wonderful that Bury town centre continues to give visitors more and more reasons to come and visit. The Rock is looking forward to welcoming families to this free event which we hope will be the first of many Bury Comic Cons,” said Arnold Wilcox-Wood, Centre Director, The Rock.
Read more about Bury Comic Con here