Location: Bury, Greater Manchester
Salary: £33,211 – £44,047 pa (ECT £30,542 – £32,295 pa)
Expiry date: 24/11/2023
Contract Length: Permanent
Click here for more details
About This Position
Due to a period of growth an opportunity has arisen to join Bury College as a Lecturer in Computing & Digital. We are looking for individuals who want to be part of a team focused on creating the next generation of IT Technicians & Software Developers.
We are looking for candidates who:
- Are able to teach across a range of disciplines and levels such as:
- Software Design & Development
- Database Design & Big Data
- Network & Infrastructure Design and Deployment
- IOT & Cloud Computing
- Mobile & Games Development
- Have a teaching qualification or working towards
- Have a desire to assist learners to achieve their career and learning aspirations
- Have a clear proactive approach to planning, organising and able to prioritise workload
The successful candidate will be working within our new ‘state-of-the-art’ facility where our students can learn in both classroom and Specialised IT Labs. They will be required to deliver exceptional teaching and be able to demonstrate a background of inclusive and challenging teaching strategies.
Please specify which role you are applying for on your application form: Lecturer / Team Leader. Interviews could be requested immediately on application due to the Operational needs of the business.
Bury College is a Further Education College offering a wide range of courses to over 5,000 full time students and over 5,650 part time students each year.
Dedicated to providing the communities we serve with a broad choice of learning options, Bury College offers a range of A Level courses, vocational programmes, and apprenticeships. In addition to this, we have higher level courses available at Bury College University Centre, as well as courses for adults.
And the benefits of working for us?
- 45 days annual leave plus bank holidays and Christmas closure
- Teachers or Local Authority Pension Fund
- Flexible working
- Family Friendly Policy
- Special Leave of Absence
- Paid leave for religious festivals
- Comprehensive induction and on-going training
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Occupational Health Service
- Onsite gym
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Onsite nursery (places not guaranteed)
- Free onsite parking (spaces not guaranteed)
Bury College is committed to ensuring equality of opportunity, celebrating diversity, safeguarding its learners and expects all staff to share these commitments.
Please note that new guidance in Keeping Children Safe in Education 2022 requires us to carry out an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted candidates. This to enable us to identify any incidents or issues which have happened and are publicly available online which we might want to explore at interview. Once shortlisting has taken place, this search will be carried out for all candidates who will attend an interview.