Location: Bury, Greater Manchester
Salary: £23,247 – £27,527 pa (FTE: £33,211 – £39,325 pa (ECT £30,542 – £32,295 pa))
Expiry date: 12/12/2023
Hours: 25.9 (0.7FTE)
Contract Length: Permanent
Click here to apply or for more information
About This Position
Bury College are looking to recruit a Digital Skills Lecturer. As our new Lecturer in Digital Skills, you will join our Adult Education Lecturing team. Our Lecturer in Digital Skills will be supporting our Adult students with IT Skills for jobs along with their own knowledge of the technical world across a range of short courses thought out the year.
Our next Lecturer in Digital Skills will:
- Have experience of teaching Digital Skills for Life and IT Skills for Jobs, subjects include:
- Using mobiles and other small digital devises
- Creating documents, sending and receiving emails and participating in 1:1 video calls
- Using the web, web browsers, search engines and social media effectively
- Create and use different documents formats for sharing
- File management and cloud storage
- Have a teaching qualification or working towards
- Have a desire to assist learners to achieve their career and learning aspirations
- Have a clear proactive approach to planning, organising and able to prioritise workload
The successful Lecturer in Digital Skills will be required to deliver exceptional teaching and be able to demonstrate a background of inclusive and challenging teaching strategies.
Bury College is a Further Education College offering a wide range of courses to over 5,60 f students studying either full or part time courses each year. .
Dedicated to providing the communities we serve with a broad choice of learning options, Bury College offers a range of A Level courses, vocational programmes, and apprenticeships. In addition to this, we have higher level courses available at Bury College University Centre, as well as courses for adults.
And the benefits of working for us?
- 45 days annual leave plus bank holidays and Christmas closure
- Teachers or Local Authority Pension Fund
- Flexible working
- Family Friendly Policy
- Special Leave of Absence
- Paid leave for religious festivals
- Comprehensive induction and on-going training
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Occupational Health Service
- Onsite gym
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Onsite nursery (places not guaranteed)
- Free onsite parking (spaces not guaranteed)
Bury College is committed to ensuring equality of opportunity, celebrating diversity, safeguarding its learners and expects all staff to share these commitments.
Please note that new guidance in Keeping Children Safe in Education 2022 requires us to carry out an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted candidates. This to enable us to identify any incidents or issues which have happened and are publicly available online which we might want to explore at interview. Once shortlisting has taken place, this search will be carried out for all candidates who will attend an interview.