Salary: £24,683 – £27,341
Expiry date: 08/12/2023
Contract Length: Permanent
Click here to apply and for more information
About This Position
We are looking to appoint a full time, permanent IT Services Technician, to join the IT Services Team at Bury College.
At Bury College, you will join an incredibly knowledgeable and passionate team of 9 IT professionals and as our new IT Services Technician, you will be predominantly based at our Millennium campus, supporting students, staff, and visitors with all their IT needs.
Our IT Services Team support all the hardware, software, servers and network for Bury College, and the primary areas of responsibility for the IT Services Technician will be:
- To respond to all allocated jobs via the internal job logging system, email, telephone, and in-person.
- To provide first line fixes, escalate and track issues where necessary.
- To support staff and students with advice and guidance for their IT needs
- To maintain inventories for the IT/AVA provision to include (PCs, tablets, laptops, mobile phones, electronic whiteboards, touch screens and projectors).
- Maintain and check licensed software is installed on all hardware devices.
- To repair and install hardware across the College.
Qualifications & Experience
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience of supporting, configuring, and setting up of laptops, tablets, PCs, mobile phones, and AVA equipment
- Have experience of supporting Microsoft applications and Windows operating systems
- Have experience with user account management systems (eg Active Directory)
- Have experience and knowledge of working in an AVA/IT environment
- Have the ability to perform hardware and software diagnostics and troubleshooting
- Ideally have a relevant computing/IT hardware qualification
- A good general standard of education including Maths and English
- Be able to work as part of a team and to develop and maintain positive relationships with all staff and students.
- Have good written and spoken communication skills.
- Have excellent time management skills
Bury College is a Further Education College offering a wide range of courses to over 5,000 full time students and over 5,650 part time students each year.
Dedicated to providing the communities we serve with a broad choice of learning options, Bury College offers a range of A Level courses, vocational programmes, and apprenticeships. In addition to this, we have higher level courses available at Bury College University Centre, as well as courses for adults.
And the benefits of working for us?
- 28 days annual leave (pro rata) plus bank holidays and Christmas closure (Business Support)
- Teachers or Local Authority Pension Fund
- Flexible working
- Family Friendly Policy
- Special Leave of Absence
- Paid leave for religious festivals
- Comprehensive induction and on-going training
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Occupational Health Service
- Onsite gym
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Onsite nursery (places not guaranteed)
- Free onsite parking (spaces not guaranteed)
We are a friendly, forward-looking college where staff are valued and supported to achieve their potential. You will have access to a free on-site gym and all-weather football pitches. We offer generous annual leave entitlement, excellent pension contributions and a cycle to work scheme.
Bury College is committed to ensuring equality of opportunity, celebrating diversity, safeguarding its learners and expects all staff to share these commitments.
Please note that new guidance in Keeping Children Safe in Education 2022 requires us to carry out an online search as part of our due diligence on shortlisted candidates. This to enable us to identify any incidents or issues which have happened and are publicly available online which we might want to explore at interview. Once shortlisting has taken place, this search will be carried out for all candidates who will attend an interview.